333 Baldwin Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205-1751
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is seeking a Landscape Architect to fill an opening in our headquarters office located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. CEC is a growing multi-disciplinary firm helping to shape the future of the regions that we serve through comprehensive, creative, and sustainable design.
Here's What You'll Do:
Can you see yourself designing a medical campus, a community streetscape design, or maybe the next state of the art mixed-use development? How about reestablishing a historic stream and its watershed in order to reduce stormwater runoff or participating in large multi-disciplinary regional master planning team? As a Landscape Architect at CEC, you will find yourself working as part of a collaborative design team consisting of engineers, ecologists, scientists, architects, and developers to create sustainable developments for our commercial, public, institutional, residential, and energy clients. This position involves:
- Collaborative work with senior landscape architects and a diverse teams of professionals
- Preparation of conceptual designs and graphic illustrations for design solutions
- Research and specification of construction materials
- Creation of Design Development packages
- Development of bid drawings and specifications
- Performance of construction administration services including site visits.
- Completion of project management tasks with the assistance from senior landscape architects
- BS/MS in Landscape architecture from an accredited program
- Experience with site layout, grading, and stormwater design
- Experience with planting design and details
- Experience with site master planning, landscape design, and land development
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- 5 to 8 years of experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Preferred Capabilities and Registration:
- Landscape Architecture Registration
- Staff Mentoring Experience
- Experience in leading public engagement
- Experience in urban nature based/Green Stormwater Infrastructure Design
- Lumion and SketchUp Experience
- LandF/X Experience
- Hand Graphic Expertise
Above all, we are looking for candidates with bright, artistic minds who enjoy solving challenging technical problems with creative and unique design solutions. You can accomplish this while working with a diverse team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide an opportunity to build a client network, become an owner of the firm, and share in its success.
Here’s Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.