Landfill Field Technician
331 Ushers Road
Ballston Lake, NY 12019
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Here's What You'll Do:
As a Landfill Field Technician for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will be responsible for working on a variety of projects related to the solid waste industry. The majority of your time will include monitoring of construction activities to document progress and ensure conformance with Engineering Plans, Specifications and construction and safety standards. Monitoring will include compaction testing of soil materials using a nuclear moisture-density gauge and documentation of geosynthetics (geomembranes, geocomposites and geotextiles) installation including observation of destructive and non-destructive testing. You will also collect environmental samples (soil, water, air) for various residual/municipal waste and industrial clients. In addition, you will be required for the completion of appropriate documentation, equipment operation and maintenance, and preparation of field reports and database management. The majority of your time will be spent in the field.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 2-4 years’ experience in environmental monitoring, construction observation;
- Mechanical skills and attention to detail;
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to operate a pickup truck;
- Ability to work independently in the field in varying weather conditions with strict adherence to operating procedures and safety policies.
Here's What We'd Like to See:
- Technical degree (engineering, science or related field);
- 40-hr HAZWOPER training and 8-hr refresher;
- 10-hour OSHA training;
- Troxler nuclear moisture-density gauge certification;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to speak and write professionally;
- Experience in landfill gas collection system monitoring.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.