Ecological Project Manager
3701 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 400
Charlotte, NC 28273
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Here's What You'll Do:
As an Ecologist with Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.’s Ecological Practice, you’ll work with project teams to navigate today’s complex environmental regulatory landscape, helping our commercial, institutional, and energy clients to comply with the federal Clean Water Act (CWA), Endangered Species Act, and related state regulations. You will lead wetland and stream delineation and ecological monitoring field activities; compile, analyze, and review data; prepare reports; assist with preparing permit applications; and interact with clients and regulatory agencies.
Here's What You'll Need:
• B.S. in a natural sciences field (e.g., Ecology, Biology, Environmental Sciences);
• 3-8 years of experience performing and leading wetland and waters field delineations and monitoring;
• Ability to work outdoors year-round under rigorous conditions;
• Extensive knowledge identifying North Carolina and South Carolina flora and fauna;
• Extensive knowledge of Federal and State wetland and stream data collection forms;
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally.
Here's What We'd Like to See:
• Leadership aptitude and experience;
• Completion of 40-Hour wetland delineation training;
• Wetland and Waterbody Determinations and Delineations pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (CWA) and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act (RHA) including vegetation identification;
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nationwide and Individual Permits
• Experience with ArcGIS and GPS equipment
• Evaluation and permitting of state and local municipality riparian buffers
• Threatened and endangered species identification, surveying, consultation and protection
• Preferred certifications: SWITC, NCSAM, NCWAM, and WPIT;
• Experience writing ecological reports.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will provide you with an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, and professional development opportunities.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.