Survey Technician / Crew Chief
530 E. Ohio Street, Suite G
Indianapolis, IN 46204
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Here's What You'll Do:
As a Survey Technician for Civil & Environmental Consultants Inc. (CEC), you will be part of a survey field crew performing work on topographic and boundary surveys, and construction stakeouts. You will perform sub-professional land survey work using routine surveying practices and equipment. You will work on land survey projects, operate instrumentation, clear brush, drive stakes, hold chains or rods, take simple notes, make minor sketches and clean equipment as needed. You will also be responsible for utilizing various surveying programs to gather, retrieve and interpret important data, and performing minor computations as required. You will perform incidental clerical and custodial duties and aid in the upkeep of survey vehicles and survey tools.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 to 7 years of related survey experience;
- Familiarity with GPS devices, survey and drafting technologies, data collectors and/or Total Station preferred;
- Ability to operate motorized equipment and possession of sufficient physical stamina to work long hours outdoors under various field conditions and exposure to traffic, extreme heat and rainfall;
- Valid Driver's License.
• Experience using GPS, robotic total station, and conventional survey equipment as a one person crew;
• AutoCAD experience preferred;
• Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to staff in the survey practice.
Here’s Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.