Environmental Technician / Scientist
325 Seaboard Lane, Suite 170
Franklin, TN 37067
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Here’s What You’ll Do:
As an Environmental Technician/Geologist for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you’ll be part of a highly trained and experienced team and work on various projects. Project related activities will be performed under the supervision of project managers and primarily include the following:
- Responsible for performing groundwater, surface water, and soil sampling at various solid waste facilities throughout Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and Mississsippi;
- Responsible for proper use and maintenance of various field equipment including water quality meters, sampling pumps, gas analyzers to monitor field conditions;
- Provide oversight and document subsurface drilling activities during the installation of monitoring wells;
- Direct contact with clients;
- Conducts data entry using a variety of office software, such as Word, Excel, and gINT;
- Prepares daily field logs and sample collection logs;
- Follows policies and procedures outlined in each sampling plan.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Bachelor of Science degree in environmental science, geology, hydrogeology, or related fields;
- 2 years Environmental Consulting Experience or Master’s degree and 1 year consulting experience;
- OSHA HAZWOPER training. Current refresher status preferred;
- Direct multi-media (soil, sediment, ground water, surface water) field sampling experience and through knowledge of relevant EPA SOP’s pertaining to sampling methodologies, decon procedures, and sample handling and preservation, and sample custody;
- Ability to coordinate with and potentially manage project sub-contractors from a variety of disciplines such as equipment operators and drillers;
- General understanding related to development of sampling and analysis plans and quality control procedures;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of software with working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS;
- Ability to lift heavy coolers and work in adverse field conditions for extended periods of time;
- Valid TN Driver’s License and willingness to travel as needed to meet project needs;
- Anticipated travel would primarily be within the State of Tennessee and for durations of 1 week or less;
- Some mechanical aptitude and experience working on construction sites and around heavy equipment a definite plus.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.