Wastewater Engineering Project Manager
1900 Center Park Drive, Suite A
Charlotte, NC 28217
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Here's What You'll Do:
The Charlotte Office of Civil & Environmental Consultants Inc. (CEC), is expanding the wastewater services practice serving clients in the manufacturing, mining, power and solid waste markets. This position will manage projects involving industrial wastewater systems specifically dealing with biological and physical/chemical wastewater treatment plants. You’ll be responsible for managing and directing active projects with current clients, directing and mentoring junior staff to educate them on design parameters, plant layout, project integration and regulatory criteria. You will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and participate at networking and client development.
Here's What You'll Need:
· B.S. in Chemical, Environmental or Civil Engineering with P.E. certification;
· 7 to 15 years of experience in wastewater treatment projects;
· Detailed engineering design;
o Interpreting treatability studies and developing preliminary and final project engineering designs
o Preparing Process & Instrumentation Diagrams
o Authoring Engineering Design Reports and Permit Applications
o Developing efficient plant layout and directing CADD, civil, architectural, electrical, mechanical and structural professionals to provide equipment selection and prepare construction plans and project specifications
· Experienced in permitting and project approval requirements;
· Mechanical, electrical, building systems, control, and instrumentation knowledge;
· Experience leading teams and staff;
· Preparing operations and training manuals;
· Construction/Commissioning phase services and routine facility operations;
· Client development and management experience is a plus;
· Experience with an Engineering firm, wastewater treatment equipment, or treatment plant operation experience;
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.