Civil Engineer/Project Manager
555 Butterfield Road, Suite 300
Lombard, IL 60148
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
As a Civil Engineering Project Manager at Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you’ll be an integral member of our dynamic and growing team working on a variety of civil engineering projects for our private and public sector clients. On land development projects you will be involved in all phases of the work, including planning, design, and construction administration and will work with an established team of professionals to solve problems, reduce risk and costs, optimize performance, and satisfy client needs. Projects will involve engineering tasks such as conceptual planning, zoning review, grading, site layout, stormwater management system design, utility design and erosion and sediment control design and permitting. You will have the opportunity to interact with clients, contractors, and local government officials and be able to impact the entire project from concept phase and final design, through permitting, bidding, and construction.
Here's What You'll Need:
• 5 to 10 years’ professional engineering experience;
• B.S. in Civil Engineering (MS a plus);
• Professional Engineering License (P.E.);
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience and knowledge of site design;
• Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D;
• Proficiency with MS Excel and Word.
Here's What We'd Like to See:
• Proficiency with Hydrocad, HEC-RAS or other computer modeling software;
• Ability to provide a technical review of Civil Engineering deliverable;
• Ability to prepare proposals and manage project execution;
• Ability to interface with clients, network, and develop business;
Here’s Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. EOE