Structural Engineer / Project Manager
2704 Cherokee Farm Way
Knoxville, TN 37920
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Here’s What You’ll Do:
As a Structural Engineer/Project Manager for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you’ll manage project teams to develop design calculations, drawings, and specifications for various structures for our commercial, institutional, industrial, utility, and residential clients. From a simple retaining wall to a complex multi-story structure, you’ll take part in managing projects, reviewing work products, quality control, client interfacing, budgeting, and mentoring and supervising junior engineers. Interacting with clients, contractors, local government officials, you’ll impact the whole project - from conceptual and design phases, through the regulatory review process, bidding, and construction, all the way to the grand opening.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 6+ years’ experience;
• B.S. in Civil Engineering(M.S. a plus) with an emphasis on structural engineering;
• Professional Engineering Licensure (PE) or Structural Engineering Licensure (SE);
• Strong technical expertise in structural engineering, and a working expertise of standard structural analysis software, AutoCad, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) software (e.g., Revit);
• Ability to speak and write professionally;
• Business development, client, and regulatory agency interaction skills;
• Ability to manage simultaneous projects independently.
Here’s What We’d Like To See:
• Scoping, proposal, management, and execution for the complete range of project applications;
• Strong existing client connections, particularly with architectural clients.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.