- Air Quality
- Civil Engineering
- Waste Management
- Water Resources
- About CEC
CEC provides environmental auditing services to industrial clients, law firms, site developers, and financial institutions throughout the United States. We perform our services in a phased manner to focus on key compliance and liability issues, often presenting our findings in terms of expected capital and operational expenditures necessary to correct problems.
CEC provides environmental auditing services to industrial clients, law firms, site developers, and financial institutions throughout the United States. We perform our services in a phased manner to focus on key compliance and liability issues, often presenting our findings in terms of expected capital and operational expenditures necessary to correct problems. This approach allows adjustments to the focus and scope of projects as information is collected, providing opportunity for cost savings and integration of all environmental issues.
Our audits assist corporate management in understanding their environmental liabilities, both short and long term, and develop programs to minimize their risk exposure. CEC is experienced in reviewing and interpreting environmental regulations and determining their impact on client operations. During compliance audits, CEC evaluates the regulatory compliance of current and past activities with the requirements of major environmental laws and regulations, including RCRA, CERCLA, CWA, CAA, TSCA, SDWA, OSHA, and related state and local requirements.
We focus on identifying non-compliance issues, recommend appropriate solutions, and present their estimated costs. Some of the support services we offer in this area are:
- Environmental liability assessments
- Environmental policy development
- Financial risk analysis
- Human health risk assessments
- Permit and regulatory compliance status
CEC personnel assist clients with environmental assessments and safety analyses related to existing facilities and on-site manufacturing processes. The purpose of such assessments is early detection of hazards attendant to facility operations and support activities. After performing detailed assessments of the facility's operations, a comprehensive report is developed which includes a prioritized list of deficiencies as well as recommended corrective actions and controls to provide safe operations. This approach permits the implementation of recommended facility and process modifications in the early design stages, with minimal impact on project cost and schedule.
Some examples of CEC's hazard assessment services are:
- Review of relevant information concerning facility design, process operations, equipment, materials, utilities, and interfaces
- Comprehensive assessment of environmental health and safety hazards associated with facility operations
- Development of integrated environmental controls and hazardous waste handling systems, including waste minimization plans
- Assessment of process control and instrumentation, including:
- Process flow analysis and programmable control of critical operations
- Human factors analysis including ergonomics assessment, work loading studies, fatigue analysis, tool use studies, and product flow evaluations